Buscot Hall Restoration
Buscot Hall in Oxfordshire was originally built between 1780 and 1783 for a local landowner, Edward Loveden Townsend. In 1889 the estate was purchased by Alexander Henderson, the first Lord Faringdon, who re-developed and enlarged the house and commissioned Harold Peto to design the famous Italianate water garden.
This stately home is still the family home of the current Lord Faringdon, who looks after the property on behalf of the National Trust, as well as the family collection of pictures, furniture, ceramics and objets d’art, known as the Faringdon Collection, which is displayed in the house. This collection includes Rembrandt’s portrait of Pieter Six, Rossetti’s portrait of Pandora, and Burne-Jones’s famous series – The Legend of the Briar Rose.
While undertaking restoration work to the roof and external structure, the requirement of a temporary roof system is imperative to provide protection to the building and the contents contained within. Spanning just under 30.0m with a length of 38.5m, TRAD Hire & Sales’ ALTRIX Temporary Roof System fits the requirements perfectly and over a five day period in March 2017 the temporary roof structure was erected at ground level, craned into position and completed by MG Scaffolding (Oxford) Ltd.